On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 04:32:08PM +0200, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:

> Of course it would be possible (though probably a good bit of coding work)
> to use a LDAP library like OpenLDAP to fetch the certificates and then use
> them with OpenSSL library functions.
>
> Hope it helps.

Not really, this was just the obvious facts. Doing it yourself is what always
works.

But since storage of certificates in an LDAP tree is state of the art and more
natural than /etc/ssl/certs (keep in mind that originally these X.509
certificates were intended to protect and to be stored in a X.500 directory,
which of LDAP is a subset), I wonder why this had never been implemented.

regards
Hadmut