Hello,

> I am sorry to write you directly but I have posted my question twice
> on the openssl site and for some reason it never get published.
> I would like to use only the ECDSA, is there any simple way to compile
> it alone (ofcourse with the modules it's using).
> I have tried doing it manually, but there are too many switches and
> defines that I do not know.
I've never tried but I think that this is possible and not very
complicated. EC/ECDSA works on big numbers, so you must get all
needed source files from crypto/bn, remove some logging from there
and one CRYPTO_LOCK. You should create your own Makefile for that
and compile to library. Next you should get source from crypto/ec
and crypto/ecdsa (only files you need) and compile. You should remove
or change logging functions and ASN.1 (reading/writing ECDSA signature
to binary ASN1 form from/to BIGNUM should be implemented by you - very
easy). I think this is possible :-)

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>