From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Bodkikns (CHMS)
Sent: 25 November 2007 03:56
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: no ciphers issue

I have been using CentOS 3.8 and CentOS 4.5 (a commercial app) and tried CentOS 5.0 and Ubuntu 7.10 (openssl 0.9.8e) and got the message - SSL CTX contains no ciphers on previously functional code.

That is a deal killer. Why and what changed?

I log this using ERR_print_errors_fp (logfd);

18452:error:140A90A1:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_new:library has no ciphers:ssl_lib.c:1
424:

This is in a function that does ..
SSL_CTX *init()
{
SSL_METHOD *method;
SSL_CTX *ctx;

   OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms ();     /* Load cryptos, et.al. */
SSL_load_error_strings (); /* Bring in and register error messages */ method = SSLv3_client_method (); /* Create new client-method instance */
    ctx = SSL_CTX_new (method);     /* Create new context */
    if (ctx == NULL)
   {
       ERR_print_errors_fR_print_errors_fp (logfd);
       abort ();
   }
   return ctx;
}