I'll explain you the situation.I'm developping a module of SRTP and I'm using
the openssl library inside my C code.
I need to generate a shared secret which sizes 16 byte. I exchange public DH
parameters with the client using the DH function. I don't know how to set DH
parameters into a defined size about the final secret, gained using
DH_compute_key() function.
Thank you for your help,

Hector Agustin Cozzetti

Subject: RE: Doubt about the use and initialization of DH structDate: Sat, 15
Dec 2007 13:13:09 -0700From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: openssl-users@openssl.org

I would suggest that you examine RFC 2631 (section 2.1.1) or Secure Programming
Cookbook by Viega & Messier (Section 8.17) for information on this topic.

Typically with DH, two parties (A and B) wish to compute a shared secret.  Each
computes a private & public key pair, exchange public keys and then use their
private key with the others public key to compute a shared secret.

So, if xa and xb are the private keys of A and B, and ya and yb are the public
keys of A and B, then

SS = (yb ^ xa) mod p = (ya ^ xb) mod p

Usually the value SS is combined with other information as input to a Key
Derivation Function to generate as many bits as are required for the
application.

Another reference is NIST Special Publication 800-56A (chapter 6)
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-56A/SP800-56A_Revision1_Mar08-2007.pdf

Bill

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Agustin
CozzettiSent: December 15, 2007 12:15 PMTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: Doubt about
the use and initialization of DH struct

Thank you for your reply!!!I have another question about this topic. I need to
generate a shared secret which size 16 byte, using a DH_compute_key() function.
How can i manage that size???? Should I use a 16 byte dh->p????

Thank you for your help,

Hector Agustin Cozzetti

Ti piace giocare con le lettere? Prova ABCLive!
http://messengergiochi.it.msn.com/