  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anilkumar Bollineni
Sent: Thursday, 10 January, 2008 12:12
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: About ECC patent and OpenSSL ECC code

Hi there,

I have a question on OpenSSL ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography) code. I saw
that Sun systems has donated the the ECCcode to OpenSSL. Also I saw that
Certicom has held 130 patents in ECC area and finally NSA has licensed that
code.
Suppose if I download the code from the OpenSSL and try to develop a product
using the OpenSSL ECC code, does it violate any patent issue with certicom?
Can anybody share any experience or information about this?

Thanks for support.

-Anil

  _____

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8