> Sorry I didn't update the list, but I tried with
> -lssl and -lcrypto, as well as -I/usr/include/openssl.

And what happened? Did you get the same error messages or different ones?

> I've reinstalled openssl to no avail.

What directories did you install to? And did you tell your compiler/linker
to look in the right place?

> Any other thoughts?

Typical include lines look like this:

#include <openssl/opensslconf.h>

So adding "/usr/include/openssl" to the includes will only help if you
installed the opensslconf.h file as
"/usr/include/openssl/openssl/opensslconf.h" which doesn't seem to make much
sense.

Also, what file did '-lssl' actually wind up linking to? Was it the file you
installed or some other file, perhaps one that came with your system?

DS