Alessandro Pivi - GLOBALcom engineering wrote:
You are right, it is just a signal I should ignore. Now it works perfectly.

Maybe the fact that the SSL_write might rise a SIGPIPE should be in the documentation, because it happens only in particular situations (2 writes in a row with connection closed remotely), and it might cause occasional crashes of an application, which are harder to solve.

Thanks for your help.

I guess it's implicit in the sense that /if/ the underlying BIO uses a socket then the scenario you described (writing into a broken connection) can generate a SIGPIPE. I wouldn't call it SSL_write()'s property.

-jb
--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.