Hi Friends,

I am facing some difficulties with OpenSSL implementation and am stuck at
handshake failure.
I have created a normal .exe (which acts as a server) which opens port 36003
and loads the required certificate and private key and waits for any
incoming connection.
Once I recieve connection request from the client and connection is accepted
using the funtion BIO_do_accept, the handshake process fails. I am using the
function BIO_do_handshake() for this.
The reason for failure I get is "No shared cipher".
I found a function which allows us to set the list of ciper suites that we
authorize our SSL object to use. The function is
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(SSL_CTX *ctx, const char *str) where ctx is the
context and *str is the list of ciper suites for e.g. str could be
"ALL:!ADH:!LOW:!EXP:!MD5:@STRENGTH".
I found that the client uses RC4_MD5 & RC4_SHA cipher suites. How to ensure
that my SSL context object uses the same cipher suite.
What string should I pass to SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list??? For e.g.
SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx, "MD5!SHA") ???

Do let me know, if I have not been clear on the above issue

Thanks,
Parag

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com