The most important thing to look at are the BIO_* functions.  These
are the functions that abstract out the underlying transport layer (be
it TCP, UNIX sockets, memory) so that the library itself doesn't need
to know about them.

The easiest way to understand how to do it, if you have a custom TCP
implementation, would be to take the received packets into memory,
then feed them into a BIO_mem.  (This exposes the process by which the
library works, and what it needs to do to make everything work.  There
might be a more optimized solution available, but you should
understand what the library is doing before you try to implement it.
Premature optimization is the bane of intelligent implementation.)

-Kyle H

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Tomas Neme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a multi-platform (Linux-Windows-Mac-PSP-Wii-NDS-PS2 as per
>  right now) game engine, and wanted to add SSL to the networking layer.
>  I'd like to know what do we need to do in order for OpenSSL to use our
>  TCP implementation, or where to look for.
>
>  I'm struggling through the documentation and examples, but I'm not
>  sure if there's a way to do this, or what
>
>  We'll be very thankful for any pointers
>
>  Tomás
  • porting Tomas Neme
    • Re: porting Kyle Hamilton