On May 13, 2008 08:42:13 am Roger No-Spam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to create a certificate chain. The inputs are my own certificate, a
> list of root certificates, a list of intermediate certificates and the
> distinguished name of the root CA the peer trusts. The certificate chain I
> need to create shall start with my own cert, and end with the root CA the
> peer trusts. Are there any utility functions in openssl that do this?
>
> When browsing through the code and header files I found that X509_STORE and
> X509_STORE_CTX seem to do similar things to what I am searching for.
> However, I have not been able to find any documentation for these
> functions. Is there any documentation available somewhere that I have
> missed?

If you are building and validating certificate chains, you may want to take a
look at Pathfinder (http://pathfinder-pki.googlecode.com). Remember, there
are LOTS of rules for validating certificates, and just checking that there
is a signature path between two certs is insufficient in most cases, if you
want to have real trust.

Have fun.

--
Patrick Patterson