Thanks, David, that's exactly what I needed. I already found some examples,
but these are very clear as steps to create the cert.

One more question, though: how do you convert an RSA public key from an
(uint8_t *) type to the RSA type defined in OpenSSL (or to EVP_PKEY). I have
been googling on this but haven't found anything yet.

Gratefully,