[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have security holes that need to be fixed on our Solaris 10
> server.  I have applied the Solaris 10  "Recommended and Security"
> patch bundle that was updated on 09/02/08.   One of the security holes
> is will openssl.   How do I upgrade it?   Currently we are running:_
> OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 (+ security patches to 2006-09-29_).  I
> would like to go to the lastest which I believe is:_ OpenSSL
> 0.9.8h_.    How do I get the PKG for the latest version.   I  found a
> tar file located at _http://www.openssl.org/source/_ , but don't know
> how I can apply it to my system.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Grode
> Cargill, Inc

OS default installations will get security patches applied.  Relevant
poatches are 127127 for SPARAC and 127128 for x86.  For verison 0.9.8,
you can:

a) get the package from sunfreeware or
b) compile from source (this is what options I used - YMMV):

./config -fPIC shared no-idea threads

make depend
make
make test