From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:32 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Installation Steps for OpenSSL on AIX Unix

Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 09/30/2008 03:34:28 PM:

> Greetings,
>
>     We would like to install the latest stable version of the OpenSSL
software on our
> AIX 5.3 Unix server
> to support a product known as Cloverleaf Integrator (an interface
engine).  We have downloaded
> a "tarball" from the official OpenSSL website and opened it up using
Winzip.  We cannot find
> any explicit installation instructions for our Unix platform.  At
> least
it is not
> apparent at this point.

If you want to compile your own version of OpenSSL you may try:

(32-bit version with gcc)
$ gzip -dc openssl-0.9.8e.tar.gz | tar xf - $ cd openssl-0.9.8e $
./Configure threads --prefix=/usr/local/security/openssl-0.9.8e aix-gcc
$ make $ make test $ make install $ file apps/openssl
apps/openssl: executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not
stripped

(64-bit version with gcc)
$ gzip -dc openssl-0.9.8e.tar.gz | tar xf - $ cd openssl-0.9.8e $
./Configure threads --prefix=/usr/local/security/openssl-0.9.8e
aix64-gcc -maix64
$ make
$ make test
$ make install
$ file apps/openssl
apps/openssl: 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module not stripped

(32-bit version with IBM XL C)
$ ./Configure threads --prefix=/usr/local/security/openssl-0.9.8e aix-cc
$ file apps/openssl
apps/openssl: executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not
stripped

(64-bit version with IBM XL C)
$ ./Configure threads --prefix=/usr/local/security/openssl-0.9.8e
aix64-cc $ file apps/openssl
apps/openssl: executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not
stripped

or you may download current binary distribution from:
https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=aixbp
and then:

# pwd
/var/tmp/sw
# mkdir openssl; cd openssl
# gzip -dc ../openssl.9.8.601.tar.Z | tar xvf - # installp -ac -Y -d
/var/tmp/sw/openssl all

Best regards,
--
Marek Marcola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.