On Wed November 19 2008, Jan Klod wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2008 18:27:07 Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > On Wed November 19 2008, Jan Klod wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > hashing acceleration with VIA padlock is a nice feature, if it works. I
> > > am sure, it CAN work on my board, but openssl seams not to be able to use
> > > it! I can only get $(openssl speed -evp aes-256-cbc -engine padlock)
> > > improvement, but not sha1/sha256, witch is also supported by padlock.
> > > In turn, openssh_ transfers are slowed down greatly...
> > >
> > > Please, how can I help myself or what needs to be done in openssl?
> >
> > VIA has publicly released the technical documentation on the PadLock
> > engine.
> >
> > Go here:
> > http://linux.via.com.tw/support/downloadFiles.action
> >
> > In the right-hand drop down box, select "CPU"
> > Grab your copy of _both_ documents.
>
> Thank you, but that looks like a serious set-back in time...
> First I would like to know if others haven't added that support yet? (well, I
> would not like to assume)
> It would be a lot faster for a person, who added support for aes.
>
> Also there is a sample program, which is doing accelerated sha1:
> http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/phe_sum.c
>
> So you say, I have to do all that myself?

Do you say which version of openSSL you are using?
Have you looked at the development head in cvs?
(I haven't)

Did you mention what operating system and version you are using?
Linux has padlock drivers as a configuration option.

I asked the same questions months ago - without any response
from this list, so it must be a "done deal" in cvs.
Or a question with some other "obvious" answer. (like: no).

Mike