Thank you Kyle, excellent details.

I will inform the client.

Ion Buicliu

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Buicliu, Ion VSA:EX
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If by CLI you mean Command Line Interface, yes, that's what I am using

> on UNIX (not a graphical interface). If not, please let me know what
> you mean by CLI.

Yes, command-line interface, invoked by cmd.exe.

> Also, I would appreciate if you can give me more details about using
> the keys and decrypting on Windows.

Use exactly the same commands you would use on UNIX.  OpenSSL does not
interact with the Windows certificate store at all.  It does not
interact with CryptoAPI.  It just deals with what's in the files that
you hand to it.

The only gotcha you need to worry about would be if you're decrypting on
Vista or Windows Server 2003+; you might be in a directory which
requires an integrity level of Medium or High, and most invocations of
cmd.exe have Low integrity (meaning you have to get to a directory that
Low integrity can write to, which is often your user account's Documents
directory or a subdir thereof).  Basically: if you get a "cannot write"
error, move the stuff to your user account's Documents folder and retry.