From: Rene Hollan
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:39 PM
To: 'openssl-users@openssl.org'
Subject: RE: Can't recognize intermediate CA

 Yup. That fixed it.. At least as far as openssl verify -CAfile
cacert.pem -untrusted intcert2.pem yahoo-x.pem goes.

Oddly, firefox still rejects the end cert, even though both cacert.pem
and intcert2.pem are in it's trust store. Is it possible that browsers
actually ignore intermediate CA certs in their trust store and expect
servers to provide them? That's the next thing for me to try (if only I
can remember how to do that with openssl... :-)).