Hi Ger
Thanks a lot for the invaluable information, I opened my mind I had to
read a lot in order to get what you were suggesting, but worthwhile!!

I tried a lot by setting different CFLAGS, got in the code, tried to
find some error, in the make file but with no help, everything was
pointing to the same ANSI problem
Then finally we re-installed compiler and it worked like a magic, looks
like there was a problem with compiler installation.

Now I ran into another problem

-          I ran make command(openssl) successfully
-          Executed Configure for mod_ssl --- ./configure
--with-apache... --with-ssl=../openssl-...
-          Make certificate(DSA)
-          Configured apache with following options
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=so --enable-module=ssl
--enable-shared=ssl --with-ssl....
-          Then changed the port number in httpd.conf file to 8300
-          Executed ./apachectl start
-          Executed ./apachectl startssl

But when i connect to http://serverip:8300 <http://serverip:8300/>  I am
able to see "The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was successfully
installed on this website"

How do I get HTTPS in the address is there any other port I need to
access or is there something more I need to do??

Thanks

Neerav Singh.