OpenSSL itself is not FIPS-validated and is not on the list.  However,
the "OpenSSL FIPS Object Module (software version 1.2)" is on that
list, with certificate number 1051.
(http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140crt/140crt1051.pdf)
 The reason you're not seeing it is likely because there are several
versions of the list, and you are perhaps looking at one of the
year-specific ones.  You should look at
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140val-all.htm
for all validated modules.

Regarding the (OpenSSL FIPS Object Module" (we simply call it
openssl-fips): you *must* read the Security Policy (available from
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1051.pdf)
in order to learn how to ensure that you have a validated module, and
a version of the OpenSSL library that uses it.  If you do not follow
the instructions in the Security Policy *exactly* (including "you
cannot do anything to start the process except untar it, run your
choice of ONE of the four configuration lines, and build it"
constraints), you will not build a validated module.

You *should* read the User Guide at
http://openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-1.2.pdf in order to figure out
how to use it properly, as a pragmatic matter.  The User Guide is not
part of the validated package, and thus can be revised; if you find
anything that is unclear in it please send the location of the text,
the text, and the question you have about it to r...@openssl.org so that
it can be clarified in the next revision.

-Kyle H