Hi there;

Since you have narrowed the problem down to something in your
certificate, and, since certificates are by nature 'public' files, can
you perhaps post the certificate from one of the failing PKCS#12 files
here, which would allow folks to perhaps help you out more?

(It may be that instead of upgrading to Snow Leopard, with it's variety
of issues, that there is some bug in OpenSSL that needs to be examined
and properly diagnosed)

Best Regards,

Patrick.