Hi!
I try to use OpenSSL 0_9_8l version for creation of certificate with
SubjectAlternativeName.
I have couple of problems and may be you will be able to help me.
1) I did not success to create certificate with more than one alternative
identifier.
I used the command:

openssl x509 -req -days 365 -passin pass:pwd -in cert.csr -extfile ext.txt
-signkey certkey.pem -out certcert.pem

In the ext.txt file I have used the example described here:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html#Subject_Alternative_Name_

The problem that after the creation of the certificate it contains only one
alternative identifier – the last identifier listed in the file.
For example, if the last line is the following:

subjectAltName=IP:13::17

the certificate contains only this identifier:

X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
IP Address:13:0:0:0:0:0:0:17

If the last line is the following:

subjectAltName=dirName:dir_sect

the certificate contains only this identifier:

 X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
 DirName:/C=UK/O=My Organization/OU=My Unit/CN=My Name

How can I create the certificate with more than one alternative identifier?
Should I change any configuration in openssl.cnf?

2) Where can I find the example for otherName in ASN1 format?
Unfortunately, the example shown in the link above does not contain the ASN1
format:

subjectAltName=otherName:1.2.3.4;UTF8:some other identifier

In addition, the provided link
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/ASN1_generate_nconf.html# does not
contain ASN1 example that can be used for the creation of otherName
Alternative identifier.
Can you provide the example of the external file that will allow the
creation of  otherName Alternative identifier in ASN1 format?

Thank for your help,
Michael