From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Stephen Henson
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 5:09 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Openssl SAN problem

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010, Muehlbauer, Andreas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are running our own CA with openssl 0.9.8k on linux.
> We get a CSR-Request containing SAN attributes from a Windows IIS
> Server:
>
> [Version]
> Signature="$Windows NT$"
>
> [NewRequest]
> Subject = "CN=test1 OU=IT, O=Org, L=Location, S=State, C=DE"
> KeySpec = 1
> KeyLength = 1024
> Exportable = TRUE
> MachineKeySet = TRUE
> SMIME = FALSE
> PrivateKeyArchive = FALSE
> UserProtected = FALSE
> UseExistingKeySet = FALSE
> RequestType = CMC
> KeyUsage = 0xa0
> ProviderName = "Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider"
> ProviderType = 12
>
> [EnhancedKeyUsageExtension]
> OID=1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1
>
> [RequestAttributes]
> SAN="CN=xyz&CN=test3"
>

> When I try to sign the csr-Request with openssl I get the following
> error message:
> Error reading certificate request in xyz.csr
> 27756:error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong
> tag:tasn_dec.c:1316:
> 27756:error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested
> asn1 error:tasn_dec.c:380:Type=X509_REQ_INFO
> 27756:error:0D08303A:asn1 encoding
> routines:ASN1_TEMPLATE_NOEXP_D2I:nested asn1
> error:tasn_dec.c:748:Field=req_info, Type=X509_REQ
> 27756:error:0906700D:PEM routines:PEM_ASN1_read_bio:ASN1
> lib:pem_oth.c:83:
>

> Signing Requests without SAN-attributes works just fine.

Can you post or send me that CSR privately?

Steve.

This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain
information that is copyrighted or confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or the entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at once so
that we may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact your local IT staff or email
i...@wacker.com if you need assistance.

Wacker Chemie AG, Hanns-Seidel-Platz 4, 81737 Muenchen, Germany, Sitz Muenchen,
Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 159705
Vorstand: Rudolf Staudigl (Vorsitzender), Joachim Rauhut, Wilhelm Sittenthaler,
Auguste Willems
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Peter-Alexander Wacker