I tried re ordering the commands and tried renaming it to pfx and it
doesn't make any difference.

openssl pkcs12 -in proxy.p12 -info -clcerts
This seems to work fine.  It asked me for the password, shows me the
Certificate, then asked me for the pem pass phrase, and shows me the
Private Key.

So i'm transferring it with FTP, could that be the problem?  Any other
way to transfer it to a windows machine?

Dan.