Hi Patrick,

openssl s_client -connect localhost:4433 -cipher ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA
works fine it sends the following cipher suite in the client hello message:
Cipher Suite: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xc00a)

Just double checked with wireshark and FF also sends
Cipher Suite: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xc00a)
as the first of of it's 35 supported cipher suites

I started the serve like this
openssl s_server -cert /home/alex/keys/ssltest/Certs/secp160r2TestServer.pem
-cipher ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA -www
so that it responds to the browser's http request. I tested this by sending
a GET from the command line OpenSSL client and it works fine.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Alex