Ok, things are more clear now.
I am going to explain below what I HAVE TO do :
a) I have to store certificates in a map which is a shared memory. ( I have
to do this, I have no choice, because I have to continue what guy before me
had started ). So I think it's better to store x509 structure which
represents the certificate instead of string. I think it is a good idea.
isn't it ?
b) I must be able to extract uri, serial_number from x509 structure and
store them into a STRING variable. Is there a way to exact URI and SN ? (
see source code above ).
c) is it possible to send x509 structure (certificate) to peer ? ( apart
from handshake ) I 'd like to write something like: SSL_write(ssl, X509*
cert)