(I avoid HTML on lists, but editting this back to plaintext was too hard,
sorry)

  _____

From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of ikuzar
Sent: Wednesday, 09 March, 2011 08:38
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: convert x509 cert into string and store certs in cache

add to previous post, I 'd like to know what is the best format for storing
item in map. Item is here a struct which encapsulated certificate object (
as shown in previous message ).
I think about DER format ... is it a good idea ?

If you want sharing processes to use the cert, yes.
(You need some serialized format for sharing;
there are other serializations that could work in theory,
but DER is by far the most convenient for openssl.)