From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Lou Picciano
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:55 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Truststore or Cacerts file?

David,

You may get some ambiguous answers to - ultimately - a PG question on the
SSL list...  Yes, in a _standard_ PostgreSQL SSL setting, in which libpq is
reading the certs from _default_ positions, the root.crt, postgresql.crt and
postgresql.key are all in the same 'folder'. (I believce you are on Windows?
in which case this folder is %APPDATA%/postgresql/)

But your mileage varies when you do this from Java - You've switched from
gasoline to 'flex-fuel'; caffeine, to be specific!

One thing which looks wrong to me about the command you quote - below - is
that you appear to be installing your 'user' cert (postgresql.crt) into the
CAcerts store. This would not make sense.

Lou Picciano