On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Michel (PAYBOX) <msa...@paybox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am no expert on the matter, but on my humble opinion,
> I think you can rely on this book because most of its content is about
> fundamental concepts,
> not implementation details ( padding, message encoding, ... ) for which you
> can find updates on RSA Labs PKCS
> http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2124
> or other web sites.

The HAC is a bit dated. If I recall correctly, 9.6.5 (Integrity Codes)
is no longer applicable - use an authenticated encryption mode
instead.

Also, be careful of RSA Data Securities reading. For example, the
output of RC4/ARC4 is biased, but the topic does not warn a user who
might be trying to generate a pseudo random stream
(http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2250). RSA does discuss the
key scheduling weaknesses, though
(http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2009).