Hello,

I'm doing my own CA with openssl and want to regularly generate CRLs. We plan
limited use of the CA (say 1-2 certificates per year), so the CA private key is
stored in a safe on a USB stick until it is used next time. But, as far as I
know, we will need it to generate CRL quite often. I see two possible solutions:

1. be able to sign the CRL with another key, signed with that CA: is this
possible?

2. generate the CRL with very long validity (say 1 year) and regenerate a new
one when needed: isn't this breaking some PKI rules or common practices?

Thanks,
Viliam