On 6/11/2011 8:52 AM, kali muthu wrote:

I have Linux Server which has been connected with a Windows XP client
using SSL Sockets. I am able to read and write through those sockets.

Good.

Recently my calls to SSL_Connect() waits for long time. And yes I am
using in Blocking mode. My search on that issue ended up with, "I have
to use non-blocking mode and have to use time outs as well". But I want
the connection to be successful so as to proceed further. Only when I am
done with those little transfers between the Server and the Client, I
will be able to move to the next step. Hence I used blocking mode here.

Sounds good.

While at the start of SSL Socket programming, I let the socket
connections close abruptly without releasing them (through exceptions
and as a beginner's ignorance). Will that might be the reason for my
client not get connected with the Server? By the way I mean that those
connections may not be still cleared which makes my current
SSL_Connect() call to hang? If so, can I clean up those through any
command or something?

It's not clear what you're talking about. What did you not do? Your SSL_Connect isn't hanging, it's blocking, because you asked it to.

Or What might be reasons that make SSL_Connect to hang/wait for long?

In blocking mode, SSL_Connection will block until the connection is established or until it fails definitively. This can take arbitrarily long, depending on what the other side does.

And how can I establish a connection in such case when I had to use
blocking mode?

You are establishing a connection, right? It's just taking awhile. But you said you wanted to wait. So what's the problem exactly?

DS