On 22-09-2011 17:34, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
>  exptag 6
>  ptag 16
>  Error reading S/MIME message...

Well it is expecting an OID but is getting a SEQUENCE.

Looking at your ASN1 dump perhaps the OID otherRevInfoFormat isn't present?

>  OtherRevocationInfoFormat ::= SEQUENCE {
>           otherRevInfoFormat OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
>           otherRevInfo ANY DEFINED BY otherRevInfoFormat }
> > [1](1) //CRLS
>                   [1](1) //OtherRevocationInfoFormat
------------------------>  Missing OID??
When I saw:
OtherRevocationInfoFormat ::= SEQUENCE {
        otherRevInfoFormat OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
        otherRevInfo ANY DEFINED BY otherRevInfoFormat }

I thought it was literally an ASN1Sequence.

Now OpenSSL is accepting the structure:
---
    crls:
      d.other:
        otherRevInfoFormat: undefined (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.16.2)
        otherRevInfo: SEQUENCE:
    0:d=0  hl=4 l=1079 cons: SEQUENCE
    4:d=1  hl=2 l=   1 prim:  ENUMERATED        :00
    7:d=1  hl=4 l=1072 cons:  cont [ 0 ]
   11:d=2  hl=4 l=1068 cons:   SEQUENCE
   15:d=3  hl=2 l=   9 prim:    OBJECT            :Basic OCSP Response
---

It dumps the contents without interpreting as an OCSP response, but that's fine, as the proper interpretation depends on the client application (Set-top boxes).

Thanks a lot!