I need to generate a public EC key given a private EC key that I provide
myself. Is it possible to do this with OpenSSL? I have no problems to
generate a key pair , and I know how to set private and public key to
specific values, but is there some way to give it a private key and get a
corresponding public key that is tied to the provided private key? I am
using the Ruby wrapper for what it is worth....

thanks for any help, I have spent many hours trying to figure this out now.