Not sure if it is relevant but are you calling SSL_library_init()?

Charles

From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Mitchell, Daniel F
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:05 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Trouble with Windows DLL

Hello,

I am trying to use openssl in a Windows DLL.  However, on the first openssl
call I make after these:

CRYPTO_malloc_init();

OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms();

I get the "no OPENSSL_Applink" error.  I read the FAQ, and I have compiled
with /MD, I have included applink.c in my code (and it is a c program, so no
extern), and I have the latest versions of libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll, and
ssleay32.dll in the sys32 folder, where my dll is.  My dll is being called
by a windows executable, so I don't know if that could have anything to do
with it, since I have no real control over that.

Does anyone know of any other reasons I could be getting this error?