Aha! Got it, I think. Thanks. Was not aware that one could do this sort of
thing. Neat trick. GetProcAddress() is documented only for locating
functions in a DLL, but I guess __declspec(dllexport) causes the name to be
exported in such a way that GetProcAddress() can find it.

> OpenSSL_Applink is OpenSSL specific as the name indicates, not to mention
that the file applink.c is part of the OpenSSL distro and install.

Well, yeah, of course I knew that. But just because you distroed something
called OpenSSL_printf would not mean that printf was OpenSSL-specific, which
is more or less the question that I asked (whether *applink* was
SSL-specific).

Charles