On 28/01/13 11:20, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013, T J wrote:

On 26/01/13 03:07, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013, T J wrote:

openssl version -d shows the INSTALL_PREFIX directory == $(SSLDIR)/base.

OpenSSL> version -d
OPENSSLDIR: "/home/tjordan/workspace/myproject/current/appfs/openssl/build/base"
OpenSSL>

If I set --openssldir="/usr/bin", I see openssl.cnf gets put into:
$(SSLDIR)/base/usr/bin
whereas if I dont put in the --openssldir switch at all (as above) it gets put
into:
$(SSLDIR)/base/usr/ssl
Either way it looks for it in "$(SSLDIR)/base" which of course doesn't exist on
the target.

Well what should be happening is that is --openssldir is an absolute path it
is used directly otherwise it is concatenated with the --prefix value. If the
value passed is not expanded (e.g. gets passed as $(FOO)) then the absolute
path check wont work.

If you do:

grep OPENSSLDIR Makefile
grep OPENSSLDIR crypto/opensslconf.h

you should see the values it is using.
yep and they're both telling me OPENSSLDIR="/usr/bin". So why do the
build files say one path and the runtime executable say another?

Only think I can think of is to make sure everything is recompiled by doing a
"make clean" first.
That worked! Thanks for your help Steve.
Trev.