On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:55:59AM -0800, Matthew Hall wrote:
> I used this configuration file:
>
> [req]
> default_bits       = 4096
> prompt             = no
> encrypt_key        = no
> default_md         = sha256
> distinguished_name = dn
> req_extensions     = san
>
> [dn]
> [san]
> subjectAltName = DNS:example.com
> subjectAltName = email:username
>
> I don't get the working CSR, I only get this different error, now:
>
> error, no objects specified in config file
> problems making Certificate Request

Hello,

I finally found the root cause. The cause is the "prompt = no" setting. When
the same file is used with "prompt = no" commented out, the request succeeds.

Using a locally compiled copy of the latest version of OpenSSL did not seem to
change the behavior.

Should this be considered a bug in how "prompt = no" and the new PKIX RFC
interoperate with one another? Should I file it?

Matthew.