Create a new self-signed client CA certificate with the same key and
Subject, setting the Issuer to the Subject of the client CA, and signed
with the client CA private key.  Use this as your client-authenticatior
"root".

Alternatively, you might play around with policies, but that relies on your
hierarchy already having policies in its certificates.

-Kyle H