On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org>
>> wrote:

>> > You use the fipsld script to link the application. If you set FIPS_CC and
>> > FIPS_SIG appropriately it should just work.
>> Thanks Doctor.
>>
>> How do we make fipsld SYSROOT aware?
>>

> You just pass the appropriate command line options to fipsld and it should
> pass them to the compiler.
Beautiful, thanks Doctor.

> In fatc if you replace arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
> with fipsld in you example it should work.
Yeah, I think that showed up after the shell expanded FIPSLD_CC.

I need your opinion. When working from a script that sets the
environment, would you recommend setting FIPSLD=<...> for the user.
Then in the documentations:

    $ $FIPSLD --sysroot="$ANDROID_SYSROOT" ...

Setting FIPSLD is consistent with setting FIPS_SIG and FIPSLD_CC. (I'm
a bug fan of consistency).

Jeff