Hello again,>It doesn’t sound like you did profile, but rather a stop-watch at
start and >stop. That’s more coarse-grained than I think you need to do. For
example,>you need to measure time to do the key exchange, time to do the
encryption, >time to put the traffic over the network. For example, try with
aNULL and >eNULL and see what numbers you get. Then turn each on, separately,
and see >what you get.I'm using a third-party library (Qt) that masks initial
handshake message exchanges steps and data encryption. I could instrument Qt's
internal methods to know how much time encryption takes versus data
sending/receiving but that's pretty useless given that the client/server
project I'm working on is not SSL-ed, my work consists in adding security.
Therefore my profiling consisted in comparing times with encrypted and
non-encrypted versions of the project, which gives me a rough estimation of
encryption time. For handshake, I know that this phase is short because I know
when it ends, I just didn't took the time to measure it precisely but I can
easily come back with precise figures, I will have a look at it.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net