On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 02:07:56PM -0600, Bobber wrote:

> Yes, thanks Andrew, I got it. I see that it is expired. I am still a
> bit baffled. I upgraded my mail server just a couple of weeks ago
> from Debian Squeeze. Everything was fine before then. Is there a
> different check involved in the latest openssl?

You're posting to the wrong forum.  The problem is not OpenSSL,
rather you have an updated release of your MTA. (Is it Exim or
Postfix?  Go to the corresponding mailing list).

OpenSSL performs whatever certificate verification your MTA asks for.

Perhaps your Debian software upgrade modified your MTA configuration,
or your new MTA is not backwards compatible in its TLS support (this
would rule out Postfix, which is).

--
        Viktor.