On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 06:05:37PM -0800, Jeff Franklin wrote:

> Our Windows servers only go up to TLSv1, and the key indication of a
> failed connection is that openssl s_client will claim that 'Secure
> Renegotiation IS NOT supported'. However, if I use openssl-1.0.0k
> against the same server it will report that 'Secure Renegotiation IS
> supported'.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Can someone recommend
> some next steps I can try?

http://ietf.10.n7.nabble.com/Windows-2003-TLS-64-ciphersuite-limit-td392649.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@openssl.org/msg72735.html

http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/Verisign-Problem-with-smtp-tls-td47834i20.html

Definitely FAQ time...  Old Windows Exchange and IIS servers without
appropriate patches choke when RC4-SHA and RC4-MD5 are not in the
top 64 cipher-suites.  Solution is Windows server upgrade.  Work-around
is cipherlist tweaks that ensure at least RC4-SHA is sent in the
first 64.  One can disable TLSv1.2 (which is not supported by these servers)
or tweak the cipherlist as I've posted previously.

--
        Viktor.