You need to generate a new certificate with the same data (except a
different serial number and a reference to sha1WithRSAEncryption),
containing the same public key, and signed with the same private key.

I'd recommend sha256WithRSAEncryption, but that's possibly not an
option for you.

Make sure that you do not reuse the same serial number, it *will*
cause problems (particularly for such software as Firefox, but also
for anything that's written in an X.509-pedantic mode).

-Kyle H