On 30/04/2014 4:23 AM, Blibbet wrote:
> The TianoCore.org project maintains a patch of OpenSSL (0.9x, not 1.x).
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/CryptoPkg/Library/OpensslLib/Patch-HOWTO.txt
>

> BTW, it's a shame that OpenSSL doesn't integrate that patch, and have
> some UEFI-targetting compiler directive to integrate it.

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/CryptoPkg/Library/OpensslLib/EDKII_openssl-0.9.8w.patch

If you read through the patch you'll quickly see why in its present form
it is unsuitable for integration.

e.g. globally changing SMIME across from sha1 to sha256 isn't something
a user would expect to see nor would a global disabling of all time
based checking for certificate validity periods.

I also haven't seen any RT issue matching this raised - perhaps it was
somewhat indirect. But if anyone from the TianoCore project is
interested in engaging on working through this issue then they should
open an RT item so it can be tracked.

Tim.