> Dennis Rodman goes to North Korea and says its just basketball, not
> political. Everyone except him knows he was used. OpenSSL cannot
> metaphorically "go to North Korea" without damage to its brand -- especially
> now that real financial support is forthcoming.
Its a slippery slope. You can't wrestle with the pigs and not get
muddy. You can't get half pregnant.

The project could not accept any donations if politics and prejudices
are allowed to creep in.

> attached a 3rd party that *already* supports OpenSSL development, like the
> Linux Core Infrastructure folks.
Ah, launder the money ;) Maybe the project could set up fake
corporations that launder the money so they don't have to worry about
brokers stealing the money.

Steve and the developers have a good policy: take the money with no
strings attached. Don't get involved with the politics or special
interests. Its not their fight.

Jeff