From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] on
behalf of Viktor Dukhovni [openssl-us...@dukhovni.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:26 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Small memory leak on multithreaded server

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:19:32PM +0000, Barbe, Charles wrote:

> I can do any combination of steps 2,3 and 4 above (ie. leave some
> of them out) and I always get the same amount of memory left over
> after I shut down my application. I believe this means that this
> is some sort of global information that OpenSSL is hanging on to
> and not something in my SSL connection structure.
>
> Specifically I get 20 blocks totaling 253 bytes. I have stack
> traces of where each block is allocated but I cannot figure out
> how this memory should be cleaned up. Each of the 20 blocks filter
> down to 1 of 5 root stack traces. The stack traces are:

A fixed amount of memory that is not deallocated and is independent
of the number of operations performed, is NOT a memory leak.
Librariers to allocate memory for the lifetime of the process during
one time initialization or first use of a function.  This is normal.

Tracking this down is a waste of time IMHO.

--
        Viktor.