> A fixed amount of memory that is not deallocated and is independent
> of the number of operations performed, is NOT a memory leak.
Languages like Java and C# can continuously load and unload a library.
You will see a growth in memory usage because the memory is not
reclaimed.

> Librariers to allocate memory for the lifetime of the process during
> one time initialization or first use of a function.  This is normal.
I think this may be an incorrect assumption.

> Tracking this down is a waste of time IMHO.
For a OpenSSL user, its hard to determine the "bad" leaks (those
caused by the user) versus the "good" leaks (those incumbent to
OpenSSL). The good leaks mask out the bad leaks.

For the 2561 bug, there's no need to track it down. You've been told
where the leak is.