On 06/07/2017 01:00 PM, Edward Leafe wrote:
On Jun 6, 2017, at 9:56 AM, Chris Dent <cdent...@anticdent.org
<mailto:cdent...@anticdent.org>> wrote:

For clarity and completeness in the discussion some questions for
which we have explicit answers would be useful. Some of these may
appear ignorant or obtuse and are mostly things we've been over
before. The goal is to draw out some clear statements in the present
day to be sure we are all talking about the same thing (or get us
there if not) modified for what we know now, compared to what we
knew a week or month ago.

One other question that came up: do we have any examples of any service
(such as Neutron or Cinder) that would require the modeling for nested
providers? Or is this confined to Nova?

The Cyborg project (accelerators like FPGAs and some vGPUs) need nested resource providers to model the relationship between a virtual resource context against an accelerator and the compute node itself.

Best,
-jay