On 09/20/2017 02:25 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
Excerpts from Dan Smith's message of 2017-09-20 10:09:54 -0700:
- Modify the `supports-upgrades`[3] and `supports-accessible-upgrades`[4] tags

    I have yet to look into the formal process around making changes to
    these tags but I will aim to make a start ASAP.

We've previously tried to avoid changing assert tag definitions because
we then have to re-review all of the projects that already have the tags
to ensure they meet the new criteria. It might be easier to add a new
tag for assert:supports-fast-forward-upgrades with the criteria that are
unique to this use case.

We already have a confusing array of upgrade tags, so I would really
rather not add more that overlap in complicated ways. Most of the change
here is clarification of things I think most people assume, so I don't
think the validation effort will be a lot of work.

--Dan

OK, I'll wait to see what the actual updates look like before commenting
further, but it sounds like working on the existing tag definitions is a
good first step.

Agreed. We're already at 5 upgrade tags now?

I think honestly we're going to need a picture to explain the differences between them. Based on the confusion that kept seeming to come during discussions at the PTG, I think we need to circle around and figure out if there are different ways to explain this to have greater clarity.

      -Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net