Joshua Harlow wrote:
With say an editor that solicits (and backlogs topics and stories and such) various developers/architects at various companies and creates a actually human curated place for developers and technology and architecture to be spot-lighted.

To me personal blogs can be used for this, sure, but that sort of misses the point of having a place that is targeted for this (and no I don't really care about finding and subscribing to 100+ random joe blogs that I will never look at more than once). Ideally that place would not become `elitist` as some others have mentioned in this thread (ie, don't pick an elitist editor? lol).

The big desire for me is to actually have a editor (a person or people) involved that is keeping such a blog going and editing it and curating it and ensuring it gets found in google searches and is *developer* focused...

This is basically what https://www.openstack.org/blog/ is for. It's using Wordpress. It's developer-centric. Anyone can submit to it and we have editors that can publish it. We also have pretty solid SEO.