Jimmy McArthur wrote:

Akihiro Motoki wrote:
Jimmy,

Does it mean translation **publishing** is ready now?

In the first translation of the edge computing whitepaper, translation publishing was completely a manual process and it takes too long.
The initial version was a volunteer effort, but the Foundation wasn't aware it was taking place until after it was all done. Our efforts are aligned around working through standard Zanata publishing processes.
Also, FTR, I believe it should be easy enough to take those initial manual translations and place them into the po files once we add the pot file to the project.
If translation publishing support is not ready, it is a bit discouraging from translator perspective. We translators would like to have some automated way to publish translated versions of documents and it allows translators to improve and/or fix translations after the initial translation.
Translation publishing is now available. We just need permissions to add the pot file to the project. Moving forward, the process will be automated through Zanata in the same way we do the user survey and other features.

I propose an idea of using RST file for the edge computing whitepaper after the Vancouver summit.
Yes, we're following the standard publishing requirements outlined here: https://docs.openstack.org/i18n/latest/en_GB/tools.html
Ildiko said it is being discussed in the edge computing team and the foundation but I haven't heard nothing since then. Or can the foundation publish translations more quickly even though the current publishing process is not changed. If not, I cannot believe this is the right timing to promote whitepaper translations.....

Thanks,
Akihiro