Boxiang,

I have not herd any discussion of extending this functionality for Ceph to work between different Ceph Clusters.  I wasn't aware, however, that the existing spec was limited to one Ceph cluster. So, that is good to know.

I would recommend reaching out to Jon Bernard or Eric Harney for guidance on how to proceed.  They work closely with the Ceph driver and could provide insight.

Jay